Officially largest field ever for club champs
Some interesting facts and stats for club champs
1. We are 33% up on entries
2. 48 sleeps until we tee up for club champs
3. We are introducing a maximum score for the A & B divisions
The maximum score will be capped at 4 over par on any hole. Therefore:
- If you make an 8 on a par three you may mark it as a 7
- If you pick your ball up and walk to the next tee without holing out on a par 4 you will not be disqualified and may mark an 8 on your card
- If you make a 9 on a par 5 it stands(4 over par)
- If you make a 9 on a par 4 you may change it to an 8
The new Rules of Golf, effective 1 January 2019, recommends for stroke play competitions:
- A player’s score for each hole is capped at a maximum set by the Committee, which may be fixed (such as 6, 8, 10, etc), relative to par (such as two times par or triple bogey), or related to the player’s handicap (such as net double bogey).
- A player who does not complete a hole (often referred to informally as “picking up”) will not be disqualified, but simply gets the maximum score for the hole.