Club champs local rules 2021
Welcome to Cathedral Peak Club Championships -2021
1. The Club Championship will be contested in 3 Divisions A Division - Handicap Index 8.1 and lower B Division Handicap Index 8.2-13.5 C Division 13.6 and above
2. A and B Division will be contested as a strokeplay competition.
3. The maximum score will be capped at 4 over par on any hole. Therefore:
ï‚· If you make an 8 on a par three you may mark it as a 7
ï‚· If you pick your ball up and walk to the next tee without holing out on a par 4 you will not be disqualified and may mark an 8 on your card
ï‚· If you make a 9 on a par 5 it stands(4 over par)
ï‚· If you make a 9 on a par 4 you may change it to an 8
4. C Division will be played as an individual stableford competition. Please pick your ball up if you can’t score
5. If there is a tie for 1st place in the A and B division there will be a playoff on the 1st and 5th holes. Total score over the 2 holes wins. If there is a tie thereafter there will be a sudden death playoff on the 1st hole and 2nd hole until there is a winner. The first person to win a hole is the winner. Ties for 2nd 3rd and best net will be done on a count out based on the lowest score on the last 18 holes.
6. If there is a tie in the C Division, the winner will be decided on a count out. The Stableford scores on holes with strokes 1-4 on day 2 will be added. Thereafter if there is a tie each hole will be checked for the highest stableford score starting at stroke 5, 6 and so on.
7. There will be a ceded draw after day one based on the leaderboard positions. The leaders playing with each other
8. Your handicap index will be the handicap reflecting on the HNA website on the morning of Saturday the 13th March. You will play off 95% of your CH. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct handicap on you scorecard. Your handicap will not be adjusted on day 2.
9. If bad weather intervenes, the committee may decide to reduce the competition to 18 holes. If the siren is blown you must stop play and return to the clubhouse or shelter
10. Motorised Carts will only be allocated to players with a medical condition who have submitted a doctors note
ï‚· Carts are for the players account. R300 for the cart (R150 per player if shared) for 18 holes
11. Unfortunately caddies will not be available due to Covid restrictions and the importance of safety of our players
Local Rules Club Champs 2020 - On the course
1. Men - White tee markers Front Nine, Blue Markers back nine
Ladies – Yellow tee marker Front Nine, Red Markers back nine
2. COVID Regulations
ï‚· Players must not remove the flag from the hole
ï‚· Players must not swap cards. Player must mark his own card and this must be verbally verified by the marker when submitting scorecard. Please wear a mask when submitting your scorecard.
ï‚· When a players ball lies in a bunker the player may take relief once within one club length not closer to the hole
3. All ground under repair is marked with painted white lines.
4. Placing within 1 club length is allowed on all closely mown areas, otherwise the ball must be played as it lies
5. Measuring devices are allowed for club champs
Q. What kind of distance-measuring devices are allowed by Local Rule?
A. A GPS, laser, smart phone, any really; however, it is important that the device only measures distance.
6. Penalty areas
- All unmarked lakes, ponds or open water courses - as if red stakes.
- If there are no markers, the fall line on the edge of the penalty area shall determine the margin
7. Immovable Rocks – Any ball coming to rest near same and which interferes with stroke or stance may be dropped without penalty at the nearest point of relief.
8. If in doubt about about a ruling play a second ball and ask for a ruling later
9. Any artificially hardened road that interferes with your stance or intended area of swing may be dropped without penalty.
10. Distance Markers measured to the front of the green. White–150m, Red–100 m.
11. Hoofprints and Tractor Tyre Treads – Relief of one club length from the nearest point of relief may be taken without penalty
12. Molehills are abnormal ground conditions even if smoothed down. 1 Club length from nearest point of relief