Club Champs Info and Local Rules 2022
Welcome to Cathedral Peak Club Championships -2022
- The Club Championship will be contested in 3 Divisions
A Division - Handicap Index 8.1 and lower
B Division Handicap Index 8.2-12.6
C Division 12.7 and above
- A and B Division will be contested as a Medal strokeplay competition.
- The maximum score will be capped at 4 over par on any hole. Therefore:
- If you make an 8 on a par three you may mark it as a 7
- If you pick your ball up and walk to the next tee without holing out on a par 4 you will not be disqualified and may mark an 8 on your card
- If you make a 9 on a par 5 it stands(4 over par)
- If you make a 9 on a par 4 you may change it to an 8
- C Division will be played as an individual stableford competition. Please pick your ball up if you can’t score
- If there is a tie for 1st place in the A and B division there will be a playoff on the 1st and 5th holes. Total score over the 2 holes wins. If there is a tie thereafter there will be a sudden death playoff on the 1st hole and 2nd hole until there is a winner. The first person to win a hole is the winner.Ties for 2nd 3rd and best net will be done on a count out based on the lowest score on the last 18 holes.
- If there is a tie in the C Division, the winner will be decided on a count out. The Stableford scores on holes with strokes 1-4 on day 2 will be added. Thereafter if there is a tie each hole will be checked for the highest stableford score starting at stroke 5, 6 and so on.
- There will be a ceded draw after day one based on the leaderboard positions. The leaders playing with each other
- Your handicap index will be the handicap reflecting on the HNA website on the morning of Saturday the 19th March. You will play off 95% of your CH. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct handicap on you scorecard.Your handicap will not be adjusted on day 2.
- If bad weather intervenes, the committee may decide to reduce the competition to 18 holes.If the siren is blown you must stop play and return to the clubhouse or shelter
- Motorised Carts will only be allocated to players with a medical condition who have submitted a doctors note
- Motorised Carts are for the players account. R150 per player(Half a cart)
- Caddies(bag Carriers) will be available, but not guaranteed for players account R150
Local Rules Club Champs 2022 - On the course
- Men - White tee markers Front Nine, Blue Markers back nine
- COVID Regulations
- Players must not swap cards.Player must mark his own card and this must be verbally verified by the marker when submitting scorecard.Please wear a mask when submitting your scorecard.
- When a players ball lies in a bunker the player may take relief once within one club length not closer to the hole
- All ground under repair is marked with painted white lines.
- within 1 club length is allowed on all closely mown areas, otherwise the ball must be played as it lies
- Measuring devices are allowed for club champs
A. A GPS, laser, smart phone, any really; however, it is important that the device only measures distance.
- Penalty areas
- All unmarked lakes, ponds or open water courses - as if red stakes.
- If there are no markers, the fall line on the edge of the penalty area shall determine the margin
- Immovable Rocks – Any ball coming to rest near same and which interferes with stroke or stance may be dropped without penalty at the nearest point of relief.
- If in doubt about about a ruling play a second ball and ask for a ruling later
- Any artificially hardened road that interferes with your stance or intendedarea of swing may be dropped without penalty.
- Distance Markers measured to the front of the green.White–150m, Red–100 m.
- Hoofprints and Tractor Tyre Treads – Relief of one club length from the nearest point of relief may be taken without penalty
- Molehills are abnormal ground conditions even if smoothed down.1 Club lengthfrom nearest point of relief